Dropzone with stock shockers??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

hi im not really bothered about having aflash suspension just wanna lower my ride what are the dropzone coilovers like will they do the job and anybody had problems with them??? :)

i had dropzones on my stock shocks for about 4 months, by the end it was almost unbearable to ride in. It didnt handle that much better and rode like all kinds of ass.
do it right the first time, get new shocks and a good set of springs or coilovers

IMO, I wouldn't touch Dropzones, why, because they are designed for dropping you car, and not geared towards performance. Just dropping a car doesn't insure added handling.

like speed racer said. "do it right the first time" I went though 4 differant set ups before (thinking i could go the cheap way) before i ended up with my eibch/kyb set up. If i added up all the money spent on all the times i tried to cut coners i could have a full tein electronic adjustable damper set up. IF you can only afor coils/springs right now then just by some eiback prokits or sportsline. Your shocks will last about 6 months on the pro kit and about 2 months on the sportsline.

Originally posted by smooth_criminal@May 10 2004, 01:55 PM
Your shocks will last about 6 months on the pro kit and about 2 months on the sportsline.

Ummmm....NO. :roll:

I had the Eibach sportlines on my old 97 Accord SE w/18" Motegi MR7's (freeking heavy wheels), 2 12's and big amp in the trunk (more weight) and my stock struts. Car handled surprisingly well, I drove it hard all the time, and my stock struts lasted more than 2 YEARS, not months. I swapped them out for Koni blue's right before I sold the car, gave them to my friend who was selling off his suspention setup, put the struts on his accord and is still driving on them to this very day.
The pro kit is an even more forgiving spring than the sportline. With the pro kit, you can pretty much expect the same strut life as a stock spring.

Back