drum kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
lately ive been pondering about getting a simple 5-piece drum kit because i have always wanted to learn to play. i was wondering if anyone here plays and whats a decent kit to buy? i dont want something too expensive nor too cheap. im even pondering a used kit. anyways, how much would a decent 5-piece kit cost and how hard is it to play drums?? thanks all :)

yea man go find a mom and pop style drum store... tama or yamaha has my vote... but if you just want a cheap learning set cb percussion is very affordable... good luck..

as far as how hard is it??? everything worth doing is a challenge right... i highly reccomend taking a few lessons(the mom and pop store might offer free ones with the purchase) i had a freind growing up who is a GOD on drumz...and he showed me the proper ways to learn beats... anyway i got most of my early practise playing on my knees and with my feet(yes you can learn rythym like this) but if you are serious youll be able to play a few beats within 6 months...

how much am i looking at spending on a good used kit? i just want a simple 5-piece for starters as i think thats a good basic set-up

Im with mirage.. named exactly what i play. i have a pearl export with zildjian symbols. personally i dont like buying symbol packs. i like to hear em first before i buy em. but my friend had a cb set and it wasnt too bad. they cheap too. and good cheap symbols are sabians. ive been playing for about 5 years now. it might take you awhile to learn stuff but lessons definatly help. have fun with it though

premier makes awesome drums...i've got a 5-piece artist birch, with Zildjian A-custom cymbals, and a Tama Iron Cobra double kick pedal. I love the tone i get out of the birch. It's stained wine red...i love it...i think i've got pics somewhere....

the iron cobra is the BEST pedal i've ever played on...i've had a dw 5000 and 7000, pearl, gibraltar, and i even toyed around with an axis for a bit...but the iron cobra rules all!

But, I always say to buy what your ear likes regardless of who made it.

dancefool.gif

kerry.gif

catdance.gif

My friend just bought a Mapex v series i think, maybe its an m series, anyways he got it for $1000 and i came with the 5 piece kit, 3 cymbal stands, a high hat stand, and ziljian ride, 2 zildjian crashes, zildjian high hat cymbals, and a cymbol carrying case. it was at a local shop but you could probally talk to someone in your town. the kit sounds extremely awesome. i play drums also but i have a really old crappy tama set.

I Was in the same boat as you and I think entry level wise I would go with the Pearl Export series

Yamaha does make some sweet drum kits but you wont find them for under 800 bucks

Originally posted by Blanco@Mar 6 2004, 06:01 PM
MusiciansFriend.com

I don't know about that... maybe their drumkits but anything else is friggin high priced!

http://www.chucklevins.com/ is by far the best prices I've ever found it's a maryland shop and their prices are GREAT
musicians friends has my keyboard for 2800 BEFORE shipping
I paid $2714 for the keyboard with tax I also got with that a mixer nice keyboard stand 60 feet of cable a foot switch all for 100 bucks less then musiciansfriends plus the keyboard is like 60lbs so shipping would have been atlest 50-100 bucks

I've NEVER seen anything priced good on their site

Back