Drunk driver VS 350Z

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Jody was telling me about this last night and just alittle while ago I saw one of his friends post info on the 350Z board.

Last night a drunk driver was driving the wrong way on a 4 lane highway near my house and smashed into my friend w/ a DB Z w/ volks....and my friend driving died....just thought i'd share....here's the video clip of the news from my local station...to hell w/ drunk drivers

http://www.wsoctv.com/index.html (click on teen driver dies after drunk driver...)

5356583_400X300.jpg

No, the local's car was a white one...

Lemme get the officer on the scene's explanation:

Originally posted by DarknessZ28

I saw a very bad accident last night. It was a 2003 White Nissan 350Z with TN tags... Trying to see if he is possibly a member here or if someone might know him. If you do, you might not want to read any further....

The car had a U of M parking permit. The accident was in the area of Park and Perkins and looked to be Street Racing related. The 350Z had 18" aftermarket wheels, headers, cat-back exhaust, sway bars, coilovers... The investigators said they estimated the car's speed around 130mph...

When the car hit the curb and left the roadway it hit two trees... one of which was dead center of the passenger side door. The force of the impact with the tree, which was a good 3 feet in diameter, caused the motor and tranny to shoot from the front of the car approx. 100ft. The exhaust was found on the other side of the street, across 4 lanes and a turn lane. The rear bumper was completely ripped off

From the marks on the sidewalk from the rims to where the unrecognizable vehicle rested was approx. 750 feet!!! There were car parts and debris scattered the entire distance on both sides of the road. There were even pieces of plastic hanging from tree limbs.

All the residents heard several cars under heavy acceleration before they heard the crash.

Let's just say I saw first hand what a wreck at that speed looks like... Both occupants were ejected from the vehicle and only one made it to the hospital... It's was absolutely horrible to see first hand.

With that in mind, I implore all of you to drive at safe speeds on city streets and keep the racing at the track... 1am on a two lane residential road is not the safest place to partake in such activities...

Later in a more private club forum, this officer expressed that the owner of the car had been in the passenger seat, he believed, suffered massive head trauma, and pretty much died instantly, or at least he hoped he did.

Funny what a bad decision can do, huh?

Back