DSL Blows!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I hate DSL with a passion. My friend has it and his shit wont work and hes making me fix it for him and its just soooooooo confusing. Im a cable guy you plug wires in and BAM it fucking works. But nooooo not DSL. You have to call Verizon and be on hold for like 2hrs then when you get someone to help you they dont understand the problem. ARGH FUCK DSL. DIE VERIZON.
anyone have problems with their DSL?
ALL HAIL :worthy: CABLE

sorry had to get that out.

I haven't had a problem with either, I have used both and they work fine for me. But dial up suks, we can all agree with that.

I don't know about that. I love my DSL connection. Steady and constant 150 kB/s.
Most of my friends have Cable and many of them experience really slow speeds during peak hours. Some however always have fast download speeds. I guess it depends on local area congestion for cable and it depends on the neighborhood.

But I love my DSL, I wouldn't ever think of switching to Cable :)

i had Verizon DSL and hated it with a fucking passion. it took them 2 fucking weeks to activate my service where-as the cable internet i now have, was turned on instantaneously.

DSL :thumbsdown:
cable :thumbsup:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 24 2003, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah, wonderful, I'd love having to pay for a phone line that I'd never use just to have an internet connection. :roll:

you do have a point there, i don't think i've used my land phone line since i've had it, cell phones are just so cheap.
but the phone is only $11 a month, so its not bad, good for emergencies :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 24 2003, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah, wonderful, I'd love having to pay for a phone line that I'd never use just to have an internet connection. :roll:

Yeah but not you already have a land line, which most people do.

I'd have to say I love my cable intardnet
but I also love my works DSL intardnet

I see no difference in the quality of service from the companies that offer these services.

until you dig down deep and do a speed test, my home Cable gets a consistant 3000 kbps download/ 384 kbps upload, Work DSL 1500 kbps download, 483 kbps upload.

but to the naked eye while browsing the intardnet you can't tel the differnce.

so
cable = dsl

maybe its not the service, but the user? ive dealt with verizon dsl many times as a network tech and 3/4 of the time dsl problems are due to user error.

<~~ has 512k VERIZON DSL, and an old school westell modem.

never had any problems, and the only outages i experience are due to power loss. verizon also send me emails about how the service changes, and how to better equip myself and my customers for future connection happiness.

if you are using winXP, you dont need to use verizons shitty software.

Back