dual monitors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

my last job spoiled me with dual monitors, now ai feel i must have them.

how do i go about setting up my computer to run dual monitors.

ive done some research, but nothing conclusive yet.

i believe my video car is integrated into my motherboard, i was told if this was the case then i'm screwed. is there any way around it?

I have a compaq presario... dunno model or anything...

system1.jpg

system2.jpg

if you need more info, let me know. i wanna get this done like asap...

you'd be ballin' with a bit more ram as well

I kinda went the other way, I run 2 to 4 machines on one Monitor, mouse and keyboard. Hey Yem do you have to have the same size monitors when you run dual screen or more? I cant remember :(

nope, but if they could do the same screen resolution that would be nice. it looks better if they are the same size tho

What do you suggest as far as upgrading RAM? What would I need? I would like maybe 1GB? Post some links please.

Also, my friend is giving me another video card w/driver software... anything else that I will need to run dual monitors? Like Ultramon?

Will these work?

* Memory amount: 2x 512MB
* Access time: 4.0ns Hynix IC's
* 500MHz (PC4000) Unbuffered DDR Modules
* CAS latency: 3 clock cycles
* RAS precharge: 4 cycles
* RAS active to precharge: 8 cycles
* Command rate: 1T (1 cycle)
* Aluminum heat spreader for thermal diffusion (Black)
* Latency: 3-8-4-4-1T
* 2.75V

585b_1.JPG

or this one...

f23f_1.JPG

Is there a difference?

without knowing what type and model computer you have, or the motherboard you are using I can't offer an opinion as to what ram to buy

i have TWO 512MB sticks of PC2700 (which is what you need)

i'll sell for 40 shipped :) PM me or hit me up on aim.

Im going to see if this dual monitor shit works first, then I'll upgrade the RAM.

Do not get rid of the cards please... I'll buy them, just wanna get the dual monitors working first.

Back