Dumb Question(clutches)!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrswap2004

i know its a dumb question but here it goes... Whats the difference between clutches?? Like stage I, II,III.. What is best for my ek gsr hatch??:huh:

the stages are just how, for lack of better word, grabby the clutches are. stage 1 is pretty close to stock, stage 2 is more grabby and so on and so forth, the higher the stage the less drivability it has on the street for daily driving. also the higher the stage the less durability it has in most cases. for your application i would say stick with stage 1 or 2, 3 would be pushing it and any higher you would hate driving your car everyday

Unless you have quite a bit more power then stock i would go with the exedy stage 1 racing clutch. It is comfortable to drive and can handle quite a bit of horsepower from my personal experience.:)

i just put a exedy stage 2 in my car along with a 7 pound fidanza flywheel and it would roll off first and second. i think it just blew out or something happened but it was sick.

I just had a stage 1 exedy clutch kit and exedy 10lb fly wheel very easy to Drive and excellent value for money i think, makes me wonder why this was not the stock setup!!) this is good enough for under 190 -200 hp i think it could even take a bit of boost maybe 6psi??? coz i'm thinking of getting a Greddy bolt on kit

The exedy stage 1 will hold some boost. My friend had about 230whp and 207ft/lb of torque on a mustang dynamometer with his ls motor using this clutch and their flywheel. The problem with their stage 2 clutch is the cerametallic friction material they use. I know people who have had these clutches, they do not like to be engaged smoothly and slowly like when you are street driving. In fact if you drive them like this it will destroy them very very quickly. Thus they make a good drift/drag clutch.^_^

Back