dx engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dominicano

i just bout an 89 dx and the engine is gone and looking to replace it for now with just a stock engine just to get it on the road anduntil i get some money saved up, found a 95 dx engine locally for really cheap, what do i need to put that in and could i use my ecu, tranny, etc....

get a sohc zc basically a d16 you can pick one up for around 400 bucks and a teg ecu for a hundred or less and you got a nice stock replacment with a lot of pep.

where do you live?? i live in california, east bay. i got a 93 dx engine with all the mounts axles and ecu

ya i found a 95 dx engine real good price local but just dont know if i can use my mounts, ecu and what not.....thanx tho...

Here is what you do, If you are looking for a direct replacement. This is the least amount of wiring and easiest way to do it. You won't get that much more power. The engine will bolt up to your transmission which has 3 out of 4 motor mounts. You use the same axles. Off of your existing engine you will need to take off the mount from the engine right by the timing belt and get the L bracket from it. You will also need one of the two sensors on the back of the engine that are in the engine block. (do a search on here or on google for putting a z6 engine into an 88-91 civic. It will basicially be the same except you won't be hooking up vtec) For the not having to change any wiring method, you will have to use your intake manifold off of your current engine, the distributor, and the o2 sensor. (I did this swap with the z6 engine over 2 years ago so I could be forgetting stuff. I put the z6 into my 91 civic dx and used the dpfi manifold for a few months until I had the time to do the mpfi swap which is well worth it). The intake manifold will bolt right up. The distrbutor will have to be afroengineered. When you are looking up sites for the z6 sites into a civic there should be pictures of where you have to notch the distributor. If you want one that it already cut for this pm me, I am talking like ten bucks plus 5 to ship. I will see you it really cheap as I have no room for it. You would have to check the timing on it and may have to notch it a little to adjust the timing.

ok but if i do the mpfi conv do i still need to use my intake mani, disty, etc...thanks for the help too....

You cant use your intake manifold. The mpfi swap gives it 4 fuel injectors instead of the two from dpfi. You would need to get a distirbutor from an 88-91 crx si/ civic ex/si for obd0 or 92-95 civic/delsol if you are wiring for obd1. You will also need to get theproper fuel injectors for what obd you will be running, which may or may not require adding a resistor box. Do a search on here and on google to find out the basics of the swap.

Back