DX mpfi swap with DX Destributor and ECU??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

regal1975

I know ive seen someone post how to do this, but every single place i search i get how to do it with an si distributor and ecu... Ive only got the cash to use the stock ecu and distributor from my 89 DX.

Thanks! :)

Quoted post[/post]]
I know ive seen someone post how to do this, but every single place i search i get how to do it with an si distributor and ecu... Ive only got the cash to use the stock ecu and distributor from my 89 DX.

Thanks! :)
you can't get away from it. The DX ECU doesn't run 4 injectors. You need to run the Si ECU. However, you can get away with using the the DX Distributor but you need to change a few pins at the ECU Wire Harness because the Si Crank Angle Sensor reads at a different pin out than the DX one.

DX distributor won't work - it doesn't have a CYLinder position sensor in it to tell the injectors when to fire - you need Si or HF distributor

WHOA!!!!

im seeing about 37 different people saying 55 different things...

SI/hf distributor is needed?? is it 100% that mine doesnt have a cps ?? it would make sense seeing as there were 2 injectors that were not on each intake runner... i can see that... but why would i need an SI ECU?? i have the resistor box already and have seen people wiring them up to dx ecu's ...

Can i find any other wya to get more lost...

i am totally frustrated because the car is finally on the ground, ready to roll.. total strip down and now its so close.. all that is left is to wire the distributor, injection and vtec up.... i have a distributor mounted from my dx.. i have my dx ecu, i have a resistor box and i have a vtec controller on the way... what could possibly be left?

Quoted post[/post]]
WHOA!!!!

im seeing about 37 different people saying 55 different things...

SI/hf distributor is needed?? is it 100% that mine doesnt have a cps ?? it would make sense seeing as there were 2 injectors that were not on each intake runner... i can see that... but why would i need an SI ECU?? i have the resistor box already and have seen people wiring them up to dx ecu's ...

Can i find any other wya to get more lost...

i am totally frustrated because the car is finally on the ground, ready to roll.. total strip down and now its so close.. all that is left is to wire the distributor, injection and vtec up.... i have a distributor mounted from my dx.. i have my dx ecu, i have a resistor box and i have a vtec controller on the way... what could possibly be left?
You obsolutely need an Si ECU. A DX ECU was only meant to fire 2 injectors, not 4. Plain and simple. You can use the HF ECU if you like but the HF has some sorry ass fuel and ignition maps. You can even PM the owner of this website with a link to this thread and he'll tell you the same thing. His name is pissedoffsol.

Thanks!!! got an si ecu and distrubutor on the way now... you guys have been a great help.

Back