DX to SI conversion complete......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got the engine all in and wired up and she just won't fire. Did the old put the spark plug on the valve cover test and no spark. :unsure:

ECU throws code 8 TDC sensor, so I am going to go and look at that now. :huh:

If anyone has any other ideas or know what could throw off the TDC sensor please let me know.

Did the following:

swapped the 2 wires on the TPS
wired the 2 xtra dizzy wires to the ecu c1 and c2
wired the 2 injectors to the ecu a3 and a7
installed the injector resistor
pinned in the 2 wires cut off of c1 and c2 to b10 and b12

Looked over all of the wires and it still throws a code 8 and will not fire. I got the dizzy off of ebay and I wonder if the sensor is bad or something. All of the wires are hooked up correctly.

Does anyone know of a reason why it might throw a code 8 other than the sensor in the dizzy being bad??? Is there a way to test it??

switch the blue yellow and blue green wires, happens to me some times when doing dpfi-mpfi

-joseph

I had to move a couple of other wires around near the comp when I did my swap, I don't think they had to do anything with wires going to the tdc sensor or the dist, but it be something to check for. My motor started even though c1 and c2 were not hookup yet. It actually ran without that and the tps sensor.

Make sure that your firing order is right!! 1-3-4-2 it will throw that code if it is not.. "From experience" :sleep:
Make sure that b10 pin is in all the way too...

FOUND MY PROBLEM!!!!

It was the distributor. The thing must have really been dropped in shipping. I just bought a new one last week and hooked it up and she started right up!!

BUT THE BEST PART---!!??!!
Then I found out that the engine had a knock............. :(
Futher investigation led me to the #1 cyclinder where I found a SPUN bearing after pulling the pan and bearing cap. SO I got ripped off!!! :angry:

Check out that topic in "engine building forum" if you are interested.

***Now I am looking for an engine, just a 1.6 SI enigne (I can only use SOHC for track racing), and hopefully close to or in Wisconsin. Anyone got one or know of someone who does please let me know.

Thanks for all the replies!!! ;)

Anyone try putting a 1.6 head on a 1.5 block???

That is an option.

I will lose a 100cc but I am wondering if I will even notice.

Just wondering if anyone tried it, or had problems with it, or found it to be great!!

Heads are the same. The si cam can be swapped in the d15 for good gains. A cam gear or d16 mpfi is required though, other wise it will be retarded (lol!). 1.5 has a shorter stroke, smaller mains and weaker rods than 1.6.

hey

jpoenitsch said:
Got the engine all in and wired up and she just won't fire. Did the old put the spark plug on the valve cover test and no spark. :unsure:

ECU throws code 8 TDC sensor, so I am going to go and look at that now. :huh:

If anyone has any other ideas or know what could throw off the TDC sensor please let me know.

Did the following:

swapped the 2 wires on the TPS
wired the 2 xtra dizzy wires to the ecu c1 and c2
wired the 2 injectors to the ecu a3 and a7
installed the injector resistor
pinned in the 2 wires cut off of c1 and c2 to b10 and b12

hey i had a 1989 crx with mpfi and i put the si d16a6 in mine and we hooked everything up write, it will crank but it will only idle, if u try to press the gas it will bog down and sputter, i need some help

Back