dx Vafc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racerxb20z

Will the apexi vafc work with the dx injectors?
yes or no?

im doing a mini-me swap with a y8 head that i got for free and I actually want to keep the dual port injection as a little "experiment". I dont really give two shits about the motor so if it goes, oh well. I just want to know if the vafc will work because i do plan on driving it hard and am damn sure gonna need the extra fuel.

the mini-me head wont work unless its MPFI, so ur gunna have to change it over 1 way or another.

really? I woulda thought that the manifold would bolt up fine. oh well, I think the "dual port experiment" would have went something like: ok,ok,ok,VTEC,lean,lean,LEAN,SUPER LEAN, done!

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Oct 5 2003, 01:21 AM
the mini-me head wont work unless its MPFI, so ur gunna have to change it over 1 way or another.

Don't reply if you don't know what you are talking about. It will work, it just ot a good way to go. When I did my z6 swao into my z6 civic I did not have time to hook up mpfi. I drove around like this for 3 months. I hooked up vtec with a tooggle switch. You might runa little lean in VTEC.
When I finally got the time to hook up mpfi, it made a huge difference. Only use the dpfi as a temp, mpfi ownz dpfi.

Originally posted by Jeef+Oct 5 2003, 10:32 AM-->
SleEPeR_CRX
@Oct 5 2003, 01:21 AM

Don't reply if you don't know what you are talking about. It will work, it just ot a good way to go. When I did my z6 swao into my z6 civic I did not have time to hook up mpfi. I drove around like this for 3 months. I hooked up vtec with a tooggle switch. You might runa little lean in VTEC.
When I finally got the time to hook up mpfi, it made a huge difference. Only use the dpfi as a temp, mpfi ownz dpfi.

Hey Jeef! Do you got a new car now you still ahve your black rex? I'm askin this cause you said you did a z6 swap into a civic.

Nope, I got rid of the civic right before I got the crx. I had my civic for about 5 years.

thanks Jeff, yes it would only be a temporary solution, but it would be kinda fun to beat some ricer and be like " haha biiootch I only have two injectors, and I still beat you.
Jeff, you wouldnt happen to know if the vafc or anyother vtec/fuel controller will work do you?

It should work, I can not see why it wouldn't. I have not heard of any trying it. As Calesta says try it out and let us know :lol: j/k Someone on Honda-tech or another Honda site has probably done it.

Mellowboy, it was a pretty good choice but sometimes I wish I went with something rwd.

Originally posted by Jeef@Oct 5 2003, 07:42 PM
As Calesta says try it out and let us know :lol: j/k

:p :p :p :lol:

Yeah, try it out. :lol: Then let us know. :lmao:

I don't see any reason why a VAFC wouldn't work with two injectors instead of four... the VAFC hooks up to these wires:

Power
Ground
RPM
Throttle signal

... and it interrupts these signals:

VTM (mine wasn't hooked up at all)
Pressure sensor
VTEC solenoid

Basically, it just passes false information about your pressure signal to the ECU, and the ECU compensates by adding or subtracting fuel. The number of injectors shouldn't matter.

Back