dyno appointment!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol, yes i think i had a vtec xover argument with you on another post pissed, lol... we lowered it, i came there with it set at 5700 xover, cuz thats what the ecu had it at. it is now at 5000 i think it even says on the sheet. but ya, great gain in that midrange huh? :) it drives much smoother now.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 27 2002, 05:15 AM
not only did you get your peak HP and Tq up looks like you also fixed up a power loss after vtec kicks in.

yes, i am happy with those results, the vafc and gears didn't do that bad of a job :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 27 2002, 08:28 AM
I got $50 on him raising it

fuck- so that means I lost???

you lowered it down to 5000 from 5700... hrm. well, i guess fuck.
lol

lmao@you 2. Hey B16 so how were they professionally? I mean were they d!*ks or did they explain everything and such? I might check them out here in a lil while after I get this turbo a set and done!

Originally posted by knowledge@Oct 28 2002, 04:11 AM
lmao@you 2. Hey B16 so how were they professionally? I mean were they d!*ks or did they explain everything and such? I might check them out here in a lil while after I get this turbo a set and done!

they were cool, they seemed to know their ish, but they were young, maybe my age (24). they are mainly drag racers, and they just started up their shop, he said they dont advertise because of what they spent on the facility. i think for the price, it was definatley well worth it, but they are not known as well as some of the other tuners in our area, so your call really. but, ya they were cool and were not stuck up dicks (like some other shops can be).

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Oct 28 2002, 01:23 PM
come on B! you knew lowering it makes a smoother transition.

no.
most i've seen, lowering eats power

shit some cars have 6500 vtec x-overs on them, and higher....

id like to see another graph after you get some more power adders.... and I'll go double or nothing on that $50 that you raise it.

If he gets cams that have a more aggressive idle lobe, then he'll need to raise the crossover point- otherwise more power adders will just require more intake/exhaust flow at lower rpms, so he'll need to lower it more and more.

I'm running stock cams at 4800 crossover with my setup, and there's still a noticeable transition when VTEC kicks in. You feel the power bump up just a bit and nudge you in the back just a tad more. I'll try to get a copy of my power curve at 6000rpm crossover the next time I'm in Dallas. 15+whp increase right at 6k rpm is scary!
:blink:

Back