dyno results

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2ndGenTeg

what do you guys think about an 93 integra gs-r that is pushing 169 to the wheels: is that good or bad? and what would the estimated horse power at the flywheel?

yeah it's not stock got the head built with valves, retainers, port and polish head skunk 2 stage 2 cams and cam gears, intake and headers should it be pushing more horses though? all motor though

well it all depends on how its tuned ya know, those nuumbers are still pretty good...no mods to the bottom end right?

welps the only mod I got to the bottom end is some type-r pistions I was going to put in some JE pistion but I couldn't afford it at the time. The car is tuned basically with a v-tec afc controller. Would any one recommend the hondata instead? If so what are the price ranges?

well your not really ready for hondata yet....id get like a ls crank and rods and put high comp pistons on them, youll have crazy compression with that....then look into hondata, you can get the basic system for about 300 then a full system for around 1000 or more....

well that does sound like a good idea, but my original plan was to put a nitrious system on it that why I got the shop to get like a 9.1, 9.2 compression on my pistions, but the bad thing is I don't have nos. Would it be a better idea to go with higher compression or nos? which would be more reliable?

well it all comes down to what you personally want. you could keep the same compression but beef your bottom end up and still spray on it. i know a guy who did a ls/vtec and 10.5 comp and skunk2 stage 2s and sprayed 150 on it. it ran good times (7.90) in the 8th...as far as reliability they are about the same. depending on how high your comp is for NA. if your looing for reliability, dont spray large amounts or dont go really high with your comp ration...its your choice really...

Originally posted by Krazy4379@Jan 12 2004, 02:35 PM
Don't you add 30% to the WHP to get an estimated FHP?

No, divide by .85 and that should get you a pretty good estimate. Or you could add 17.6%, that would get you the same number.

2ndGenTeg, did you do the tuning yourself or on the dyno? I would recommend that you go ahead and get a Hondata sytem. If you tune only on the dyno, working with a Hondata shouldn't be any worse than playing with a VAFC, provided your tuner has the proper tools.

Since you already have ITR pistons in there, you should be able to make some pretty decent power. I watched a stock bottom end GSR put out 195whp with pretty much the same mods that you have.

w/ skunk2 cams i think that 169 is a tad low...

just for comparison sake... on my del sol i made 185 whp
all bolt ons, ctr cams and hondata in an lsvtec w/ pr3 pistons

ya, compression is too low for those cams. you would have been better off in the 11.5+:1 range.

169 to the wheels is pretty damn good I'd say for a B17A1 the starts at 160bhp, with the minimal mods you have. I've seen B16A's put out less then that with more work done to them.

As my dyno tuner says... cams have even slummped horsepower until SOME tuning was done. The Hondata will set you up for a nice gain with your setup and as far as mods go- it is very affordable.

welp it's pusing 169 only because you have to condsider a 1.7 head and block of course a 1.8 head and block is going to push out more horse. And yeah I did get it professionally tuned for like $150 buck and hour shity pricing huh?

Originally posted by mwvnos@Jan 6 2004, 10:53 PM
well your not really ready for hondata yet....id get like a ls crank and rods and put high comp pistons on them, youll have crazy compression with that....then look into hondata, you can get the basic system for about 300 then a full system for around 1000 or more....

ls rods and crank will blow through a b17. don't do that.

169 to the wheels is pretty damn good for a 1.7l motor, that is so close to 100whp per litre. If i were you I would get a hondata intake manifold gasket, a skunk2 intake manifold, and a slightly larger bore throtle body, those should bring in some decent gains. Also are you running ITR or CTR pistons? I am going to assume CTR as you have a b17 and that would make more sense. CTR pistons in a B17 should bring about 11.3:1 compression. Also what horsepower would you like to see with this motor? As it is going to be rather hard to get it over 180 or 190. You might want to consider larger injectors, and some cam gears too.

Back