Dyno Results

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy

Well Bri,

Just a quick recap...Dropped my Car off June 14th....I picked it up today...Its not finished....The guy still has to reprogram the computer..which will be done next week.....but its drivable.......He has to reprogram shift points, spark curve, fans, and timing....which you will see is the cause of the sloppy Dyno Sheet....Anyways...Here it is...361hp379trq at the wheels which isn't horrible...but i expected atleast 15 -20 poinies more...He did say after the edit of the computer i might be seeing those numbers...but only time will tell...Next week he will finished the computer and Dyno tune it one more time.....

Here's the sheet

1994_Corvette_PC_S1_Procharger1.jpg

Or veiw it here

Dyno Sheet

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jul 2 2004, 07:30 PM
Just a supercharger Rev...@ 8 PSi

350Zs with the ATI charger have put down anywhere from 360-420WHP depending on what other bolt ons

stock 350Z around 360 but when you get into full exhaust and intake manifold you can see some much higher #s

how much did you pay for your kit?

yes, but imports run a much lower compression ratio and Corvettes...If if had a built engine with a 8:5:1 Comp ratio.. i could run 10-12 PSi and make 500+ at the wheels..the high compression ratio stops me from running that much...once the edit on the computer is done.. i should see higher numbers...

The total cost with the Autometer boost gauge and pod was 6800

lower? dude- higehr compression makes more power.

and if you weren't using an fmu, you could run 10:1 compression and run 15 pounds of boost and hold it

I would recommend looking into some type of ignition upgrade. The shaky dyno could be from breaking up. Did they change the plugs? Gap? Heat Range?

And imports run high compression... ;)

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jul 2 2004, 07:52 PM
yes, but imports run a much lower compression ratio and Corvettes...If if had a built engine with a 8:5:1 Comp ratio.. i could run 10-12 PSi and make 500+ at the wheels..the high compression ratio stops me from running that much...once the edit on the computer is done.. i should see higher numbers...

The total cost with the Autometer boost gauge and pod was 6800

The higher the CR the less boost you have to run to make higher power
the lower the CR the higher boost you have to run to make the same power

for say Stock B16 at 9PSI could make 280WHP before running out of fuel however with a lower CR in my cars case it made 253WHP at 11PSI

remember PSI is nothing but a #...,

BTW stock 350Z compression is 10:3.1 the 1994 LT1 is 10:5.1 "carpoint info"

I would think with a supercharger your LT1 would be well into the 400s I know too many people in person who have 400+ HP N/A sb350s

You will defenitly show some high numbers once the tuning is finished. Nice! :thumbsup:

Those are pretty good numbers, but hopefully you will get a lot more power with tuning. I wonder if there would be similiar numbers on a 327. I can't wait until I can get some extra cash for my whipple charger but the house has to come first.

-----------> THIS IS CELERITY <---------------

Yeah, I would be disappointed at that as well. I would expect 415 - 450 after the SC to start.

As far as FMU, Since a Superchargers fuel curve doesn't need changed, You don't need such precise control. FMU or built-in is all you need.

-> Steve

Especially if the goal is go-fast. If you are driving a factory car, then perhaps backing down the timing might be useful on lower grades of pump gas, but the fuel curve again doesn't dynamically change like a Turbo app could.

Bri....If you around tommorow(monday)....come by my house....come for a drive....i'm pulling really hard off the line....its really impressive...even though i still want higher numbers...but if you want stop by....

Back