Easiest or cheapest swap to put in my 93 hatch dx?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PiMp26836

I'm lookin for a swap to put in my 93 civic hatch DX. I was thinkin about maybe a 1.5 v-tech but I'm not sure what all I would need to do it. I know I would need the computer and the wiring harness but is there anything else I would need?? I had the 1.5 non v-tech in it before. I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me exactly what I'll need and where I can get it. If you know of anything easier or better to swap in thats not so expensive let me know.

Thanks for your time and hope to get some responses!!

You don't need another engine if your gonna strap "vtech" on.

Here are some helpful links on what your gonna need:

----->:D
----->:lol:

all being an ass aside, Do an LS swap. around 1200 bucks complete. b18b1, 94-95 teg. plentiful in junkyards everywhere.

Nah, i was just playing. I agree with pissed, do an Ls swap but I really don't think its gonna be 1200 bucks.

ls swap if you can get it for 1200 or dohc zc 600 for long block use you stock tranny good motor for boost

Skip the DOHC ZC in your OBD1 car.

The absolute easiest swap for you would be a D16Z6. You just drop it in and wire up VTEC. The B18B is just as easy with the exception of changing the mounts for a B series block, and you don't have to change the wiring at all.

Deffinately go with JDM D15B, it will get you a good fuel economy with 128 HP. Most of the people online say that its 130HP but because the engine is from Japan the specs are 130PS or something like that and with a conversion calculator I got about 128HP. Its a little bit more that D16 Vtec from EX, but it has a better revving more agressive cam.
Basicly this engine is:
5th gen D15 Block with 5th gen D16 Vtec head. This is like Mini-me conversion but with a better cam.
So I think this is the best choise for a nice mid HP engine that costs way less that any B series engines.

Back