Easy Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chulyen

I figure as far as swaps go this one's got to be one of the easiest. I'm too lazy and too cheap to try anything more daring for the moment, so what will I need to put an EX engine (D16Y8) in my DX Civic (DI6Y7)? Will I need new ECU, Axles and harness? What about catalytic converter? (DX cat is in the exhaust manifold)

PS. I know that normally this swap wouldn't even be worth the money but my engine's toast already so I figure since I'm getting a new one anyway I might as well go up one model.

Originally posted by chulyen@Jul 26 2003, 10:30 PM
I know that normally this swap wouldn't even be worth the money but my engine's toast already so I figure since I'm getting a new one anyway I might as well go up one model.

if you boost the y8 it would.....

True, but right now I just need to know what I need to even get the y8 into my poor engine-less car. I'd hate to just go back to a plain DX motor if it's not a whole lot more difficult to put the EX in.

Im not positive but i would say get the EX motor tranny and ecu and all the mounts, the only thing i can think of is that you will have to run some wires for the vtec put i dont see any reason that would be hard at all....and if you need any EX parts i have 96Ex motor im trying to part out, i have a header for it too... just email at WolfPackWalker15@yahoo.com if youd like.

you'll have to swap the outter wires on the tps and re-run two wires for the iacv if you use the y7 (stock) harness. you should try to get the ex ecu (p2p) because that will run your vtec and what not. all you really need is the longblock (engine and tranny) your tranny will work but it is not geared for aceleration.

Back