Ebay Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
well, i've used ebay before but only to buy things i've never sold anything over it. i've got a few thing i would like to get rid of but this is just freakin ridiculous.

so I click the sell tab at the top of the homepage and it ask me to enter my CC information, no big deal. I enter in my shit and read over the payment options and such and I read that they charge monthy fee's or some shit? I dont really get it. I know I have to pay a certain percent of what I sell my item for, but now a monthly fee? I only want to sell like two things?! I dunno, maybe i'm just completely confused about the whole process. :unsure:

But, now I cant seem to get past the CC authorization part. I enter in all my shit and it just gives me my 'invoice status' or some bullshit. I know that this is not where I want to be, I want to actually sell my shit. So, everytime I click on sell at the top it just goes right back to 'enter in your CC information' and goddamn this shit is just frustrating me. ARG.

I just want to sell some shit, jesus christ.

/rant

Will somebody help me out?

Heya DVEIT, maybe I can help... yeah, the sign up on eBay isn't as easy as it used to be.

EBay does not charge a monthly fee. But when you sell items, you pay two fees for each auction you create:

1. the listing fee. which is not a lot... usually under $1 for items that have a starting bid of under $9.
2. when the auction closes, you pay a percentage of the closing cost. So if your item closes at $15, you might pay about $.35 or whatever at the end.

EBay keeps track of these fees, and at the end of the month, they will automatically bill your credit card. that's why they need your CC info. also, the CC helps they verify identify, reduce fraud, etc.

Once you enter your CC info, you're in for another surprise. They will ask for your bank account info off a bank check. Yeah, this part is overkill. Sigh. Anyway, you only have to enter the CC and bank account info once.

Every time you sell afterwards, will be easier.

Good luck!

Perry

Back