Ebay vendor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

technolud

Hello, I'm a new-bee to Honda's. Just purchased a 94 DX coupe with a 16a swap cheap, all the usual problems. Motor appears to be a B16A jdm. I'm thinking it is an SIR II because it has a 5xxxxxx serial number and not PGM-FI marking on the intake but it has DOHC lettering larger then VTEC on the valve cover so I'm not sure. It says B16A on the block.

My immedeate problems (besides needing a hood and front bumper) are ecu, plugs and pins. ECU is a P61. VTEC doesn't work, looking at the wiring neither the VTEC wire or the VTEC oil pressure is hooked up.

Where can one get the metal parts which fit inside the grey plug? My plug is a bit messed up at the oil pressure sender slot (D6), any way to get the existing wires out to transfer them to a new plug?

I'm not sure if the engine has a knock sensor. How does one identify if it does.

I've been reading the forum alot, it looks like a stock p30 map would be my best bet. Satinsilvertypes on ebay says he will chip the p61 and map it as a p30 for $60, this seems like a fair deal. Anyone ever deal with him?

Sorry for so many questions, love your forum. I've been reading for three days, lots of info. Honda's look fun.

Technolud

Back