ect switch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
So in my crx I am running a civic Radiator and not my stock crx radiator. I notice that my ect switch(engine coolant temperature) has nothing pluged into it. I know it controls the fan on the radiator. and I also know that the stock crx radiator has the ect switch in it. I need help figuring out what plug from my stock harness do I need to use to extend the wires to the ect switch on the back of the b16 block

you crx should have had it on the back of the block as well..i had to move mine from the back to the thermostat housing. looks the same on first gen b16's as obd0 d's

its a big rubber shrouded thing with two bullet style connectors inside

heres picture of what I am talking about.

gallery_36382_304_614.jpg

its not the greatest picture had to use a camera phone

yeah just extend those 2 wires off the back ur block onto that brown connector, and woosh u have a coolent temp. its pretty easy and i dont htink it matters what order the wires go on. since ones a ground n the others the signal. or well at least i havent had a problem with that ne ways. but yes the gentlemen above was right its a black rubber thing thats probally all cracked n broken that holds the wires for the coolent temp.

do you happen to know the colors of the wires, cause when I took the picture I looked and didnt see that black rubber piece anymore, I remember it on my d16 when I pulled the wiring harness,

i believe they are yellow, probally turning brown from the heat, and are mostly likely really dried n cracked. lol in simple look for something thatisnt pluged in and there ug o

found the problem, the 2 wires were splice together to have the fan on constant, and the fan was plugged into the a/c fan plug. so I plugged the fan into the right plug and I am going to get a connector and extend the wires.
and yes the wire was yellow, thanks

Back