ecu help... B16A3 into a 93 civic ex...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey I need a hand fellas. I recently bought a B16A3 w/ MT, and need to get the right ECU of course... I looked on the side of the motor for id #'s. E2L 014R P30 A0 00. I'm sure enough that it may be a P30. However would it matter so much if I got a AT ECU.:confused: I've heard of taking out resistors and such, but I'm not looking to throw $ away to find out... Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx

Yes, you can buy the AT ecu and alter the circuit board, but you'd need a desoldering station and a ESD mat along with a grounding strap. Also, if you do decide to do it yourself, you need to be extremely cautious not to burn the circuit board while still desoldering the contacts completely. there are plenty sites online which tell you which resistors to remove to go from at to mt. Let me know if you need any more help.

B16A2 > B16A3: How would I chip a p30 AT to fit MT

Alright now I gotta know how to chip a P30 OBD1 AT B16A2 ECU, to fit a B16A3 MT:eek:. From what iv'e researched both motors should be virtually identical:D. If there's a link to either a diagram, or a professional service please post it... Any help would be awsome.

thanx

Back