1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ecu Limp Mode

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by D See 2, May 21, 2003.

1. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

god bless anyone who can help me...
    i just finished up my swap about a week ago, b16a swap into civic dx hatch.
    i did the mpfi wiring myself and everything ran fine for the first week and a half of the swap.
    under normal driving down the street, i hear a click from the main relay and my engine shutoff for a split second, like someone turned the key off and right back on a half second later. it does this everytime i take a ride now but it is completely random. there is nothing that i can do to make this happen. i had this same engine in my crx si and it did the same thing. thats the reason i sold the car and got a new one. i had to re-use the injector resistor box from the crx.
    could a bad injector resistor box cause this to happen?
    god bless anyone who replies... i need your help. thanks.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

considering a resistor box is a $40 item, why not get a new one? if its not that, you can always sell it again...
    have you tried a different ECU yet? i imagine you carried that over from the old car...

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

kelly has them for 15 bucks!!

his name is "solblu" on here and hondavision

4. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

yea, i've tried a known good ecu and still the same thing. i can get a resistor box from the junkyard today for damn near free. thx for the replies.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted