Ecu Limp Mode

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D See 2

god bless anyone who can help me...
i just finished up my swap about a week ago, b16a swap into civic dx hatch.
i did the mpfi wiring myself and everything ran fine for the first week and a half of the swap.
under normal driving down the street, i hear a click from the main relay and my engine shutoff for a split second, like someone turned the key off and right back on a half second later. it does this everytime i take a ride now but it is completely random. there is nothing that i can do to make this happen. i had this same engine in my crx si and it did the same thing. thats the reason i sold the car and got a new one. i had to re-use the injector resistor box from the crx.
could a bad injector resistor box cause this to happen?
god bless anyone who replies... i need your help. thanks.

considering a resistor box is a $40 item, why not get a new one? if its not that, you can always sell it again...
have you tried a different ECU yet? i imagine you carried that over from the old car...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 22 2003, 01:17 AM
considering a resistor box is a $40 item, why not get a new one? if its not that, you can always sell it again...
have you tried a different ECU yet? i imagine you carried that over from the old car...

yea, i've tried a known good ecu and still the same thing. i can get a resistor box from the junkyard today for damn near free. thx for the replies.

Back