ECU question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

treysawyers19

What up everyone. I have a 98 honda civic DX. I also have a 2000 LS b18b1 that i want to swap in. I have everything i need except the ecu. I have both the wire harness from my civic and also the wire harness from the 2000 acura integra ls. Can i use a 96-99 p75 ecu from a manual LS or do i have to get a 2000-2001 manual ls ecu? i really need to know if the LS engine is OBD2B because it is a 2000 and what the difference is between obd2a and obd2b. Someone help me and tell me what i should do.

Use the same OBD ecu as your car. The obd of the motor doesn't matter, as long as your distributor/injectors is/are the same year as your car.

I got the engine from somone who had it in his 93 honda civic. when he was giving me the engine tranny and all that stuff he said i couldnt use his ecu cause my car is obd2. Now you say i gotta use the same obd as my car. can you tell me where i can get injectors and a distributor new for a good price?

use your civic wire harness.

then buy an obd1 conversion harness and a p28 chipped ecu with any program you want on it (check engine shift, full throttle launch etc) from me for 275 shipped.

Civicious is correct.

If the distributor is from 96 and up then there is no need to change anything. Use your harness and make the necessary minor changes to it. Use the appropriate ecu (for that engine) in the same vintage as your vehicle (so it will plug directly into your harness). OBD2a and OBD2b differ only in the diagnostics protocols and the physical plug in to the ecu.

Back