ECU question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bseriesfanatic

Yes I have searched. Ok, I'm planning on swapping in a JDM b16a second generation (si-r II) into my 95 civic ex (d16z6). I've been told I can use my z6 engine harness, but which ecu do I use? Can I use a p30? Will it plugright up to my z6 harness? Or do I HAVE to chip my p28?

p30 will work perfectly
you can (should) use your z6 harness. you will need to lengthen a few wires to reach some sensors (pretty easy)

Why sir - I? Isn't that the first generation with obd0? Also which wires will I have to lengthen? Searched everywhere on all sorts of forums to find out which wires need to be lengthened. This is the first couple times I have ever posted actually on a forum. Thanks for the replies guys!

honestly, you probably won't need to do any of that. I put an sir2 into my del sol after the big bang (lol) and I didn't need to do any of that. the dsitriutor wires were tight, but they hooked in.

p30 with z6 harness is pretty much plug and play with the exception of the knock sensor if you have a usdm p30. jdm p30's don't have knock on them either, but speed cut at 113 mph.

Ok guys I found a seller on ebay that will sell me a chipped p30 from a place called "clubbed inc". They can chip it to disable the knock sensor, o2 sensor, rev limit and other things. This "clubbed inc" claims to have good reviews from forums like honda tech and team integra. Anyone heard of them? Are they any good?

never heard of them. all you really need is a 'stock' map with simply that single sensor disabled.

disabling rev limiter and o2 is a mistake.

I wouldn't mess with the rev limit I was just sayin... I was however uncertain of the disabling of the o2 sensor- thanks. Where can I buy the correct ecu?

It's not too hard to run the knock sensor. I had a SiR2 swap and it did have a knock sensor. I also ran the JDM p30 for a while. Then switched to the USDM p30. The USDM ones are pricey! I sold mine for over $300.

I never hit the speed limiter. Now my PRC ECU hit the limiter around 118mph but never noticed it with my old B-Swap with the JDM P30

It takes a lot to get that B16 up to those mph. I wouldn't really worry about it. JDM P30 ECU will work well with your swap. I personally don't trust any eBay chipped ECU. If you aren't running cams/nitrous/turbo/built motor/etc. I wouldn't worry about needing anything but a stock ECU.

Ffsquad.net has some good write ups/tips to insert the knock sensor wiring into your plug at the ECU. That's the hardest part. Check out my thread on the B16 swap. Its in my signature.

Once you get down to brass tacks and you're ready...we will help you get it done right.

usdm still have a speed limiter, but its a lot higher. i THINK its 140, but don't quote me. yeah, usdm ones are a bit on the rare side.

a p28 with a program is basically the same thing though. and you won't need knock.

there's a couple reputible places to get ecu sicketing equipment (or buy one pre socketed) and then get a p30 basemap with knock disabled and plug it in.

Could I just use phearable to chip my ecu? I know it's like $200 but I want it done right by a reputable shop

Back