ECU questions re: map

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
ok, got my d16z6 with the IHI on it and i am going with uberdata i think

if you get uberdata you need no missing link or boost bleed off right?
the chipped ecu can read the boost via the map sensor with no CEL's right?

and i am under the impression you can use your stock fuel pump with bigger injectors, or a high pressure high flow fuel pump with stock injectors?

am i right?

setup = stock d16z6
p28
IHI off a 626
ford probe intercooler
240cc saturated
walbro HP 255lph

wideband o2 sensor...
you can run a wideband o2 for everyday driving right? and it will back feed a signal to the ecu while giving you a constant a/f ratio reading, right?

Quoted post[/post]]
ok, got my d16z6 with the IHI on it and i am going with uberdata i think

if you get uberdata you need no missing link or boost bleed off right?
the chipped ecu can read the boost via the map sensor with no CEL's right?

oem map sensor is 1.8 bar for obd1/2 hondas
1 bar is atmospheric pressure...

so that leaves you .8, or roughly 11 psi that the stock map sensor can read.

as long as you're under 11 psi, you'll be fine.

and i am under the impression you can use your stock fuel pump with bigger injectors, or a high pressure high flow fuel pump with stock injectors?
am i right?

can you, sure. but its not going to work out good.

stock fuel pump is only good for a little more than stock volume...
high flow pump with stock injectors is still limited by the cc of the injector, so its pointless

setup = stock d16z6
p28
IHI off a 626
ford probe intercooler
240cc saturated
walbro HP 255lph

i'd really consider getting some dsm 450s on there. the 240cc's will top out at like 150 whp obn a boosted z6. remember, you need more fuel when you boost (12:1 vs 13.2:1) so the limit they can go is reduced.

wideband o2 sensor...
you can run a wideband o2 for everyday driving right? and it will back feed a signal to the ecu while giving you a constant a/f ratio reading, right?

yes and no. some WB's have a narrow band output that you can put into the ecu.
or, you can simply diabled the o2 on the chip
and simply use the wideband to monitor.

since they don't last for ever, IMO, once you get it tuned, pull it out, and don't run any o2.

yes and no. some WB's have a narrow band output that you can put into the ecu.
or, you can simply diabled the o2 on the chip
and simply use the wideband to monitor.

since they don't last for ever, IMO, once you get it tuned, pull it out, and don't run any o2.

somehow i see disabling the o2 as a very bad idea, doesn't the ecu need that o2 signal to adjust the fuel inputs even if its tuned?

how short of a life does a wideband have?
i like the idea of A/F gauges, but they are worthless...
so would i be looking at a new wideband o2 sensor every year if its a daily driver?

and the damn dsm's are peak and hold...
i would need either the resistor box or radio shack resistors...
or i can go and buy some RC's for the d16z6, and then some RC's for the H22
lol

how safe is it to use someone else's already tuned bin file?
i know that no motor is exactly the same etc etc, but if i can get a bin for a stock d16z6 with the IHI and dsm's then i should be pretty safe right?

if you're tuned properly, you don't need the o2 reading. but you're replying solely on your program, not on the input. When i tune, i tune with the o2 disabled. it can be counter productive, although, it can lead to better cold starts...

widebands might last a year on pump gas, but def not on race fuel or leadded fuel. the sensors aren't too much money anymore... 30-50 bucks..

throw the 350's from the lude on the z6... and buy some rc's for the lude.

using someone elses bin is ok, as a base map...
but i gurantee you no one will have your exact set up-- especially fi you go with the lude injectors...

do you leave the o2 disabled after the tune as well?
or just during the tune?

widebands might last a year on pump gas, but def not on race fuel or leadded fuel. the sensors aren't too much money anymore... 30-50 bucks..
so if the sensors are cheap, and the sensor would last a year as a daily, then why not keep the wideband as a constant a/f gauge, 30-50 for a sensor seems like cheap insurance to monitor for lean conditions...?

see, i don;t have the 350's off the lude, my motor came with peak and hold, and they were put in a bin with some civic injectors so i have no idea which are the 350's and which are the 240's

they sell wideband with digital gauges right? like normal 2 and an 1/8 or 2" whatever normal import gauge sizes are?

but i gurantee you no one will have your exact set up-- especially fi you go with the lude injectors...
i have seen a couple diffrent bin's for stock z6's with IHI's and 450's
would these be ok to run?

Back