ecu swap problems.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattblackvtec

sorry if this has been asked before,
im swapping an h22 into my 2000 accord (ukdm),problem is the obd1 ecu and engine harness isnt going to work without major rewiring of the whole car,so my question is what obd2 ecu and harness setup would go well.with this swap.e.g would and Accord type r harness an ecu work or will i have to go with an ecu and harness from the type-s prelude.
any help would be appreciated coz mafraid am gonna go bald with this one.
thanks

use the stock harness in your car. add wires/cut plugs off the harness that comes with your motor where necessary. if your car is vtec already, you won't have to add much... just swap a couple plugs. For the ecu, you can use a jumper from rywire.com for obd2b ->1.

hi, first post time. im working on this swap with mattblackvtec. thanks for your reply B!i have a couple of questions regarding your post. how much wiring would be involved in converting the stock obd2b f18b2 harness to suit the obd1 h22a engine? as far as ive managed to find in my, all be it feeble, attempts to search, converting the harness is quite an involved wiring job. would it be worth butchering the two together, over buying an obd2b harness to suit the engine and application?

Back