Ecu swap with IACV problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tamabor

Hi there,

I own a JDM d15 with dual Vtec solenoids. When i bought that car it had an CVT trans which i replaced with an MT 5 speed. After that swap it feels like one of those Vtec wasnt working. So i changed the AT ecu ( p2j-00 ) and replaced it with an MT ecu ( p2j-003). As i plugged the MT ecu i caught an heck engine sign which was code 14 (IACV error). Is there any thing else you need to do than plugging the ecu ???
Im sorry if my english isnt perfect. I speak Dutch.

Check the IACV it may have come un plugged they do, that from time to time, also try removing it and cleaning it out with some Carb Cleaner and Q tips... mite help it

Thanx for your advise Serrilion. I already checked the IACV plug which was locked in place. But I sure will clean the IACV. If it still gives an error i will soon reply.
Thanx

Still got the error !!!! Already cleaned IACV. What next ???

May sound retarted, but trace the ICAV wires, to the point were they meet at the fire wall... and run an open loop test and see if you get any resistance, mite have bad wires or if they are good, check going to ecu... if all is good than your ICAV is junk and you need to replace it lol.. just what I'd do

Ok , but when i put the AT ecu (p2j - j62) there is no error and car sounds good. But that issue about the dual Vtec was my point why i bought the MT ecu ( p2j-003).
Is it a bad ecu which i bought ?

The dual VTEC SOHC......I would have a very hard time feeling or hearing the engagement(s)

SOHC VTEC's are the opposite of a B16 (DOHC VTEC is easily heard and felt)

Ok , my conclusion : AT IACV 3 pin / MT IACV 2 pin. Am i right or not ???
MT ecu cant activate the 3 pin IACV.

that would be a problem right there if indeed they are different pins

So , is there a method how i can still use the AT IACV (3 pin) with my MT ecu ??? Maybe some wiring has to be done or so ???
If not , i need to buy a intake ( position IACV not the same) and a throttle body and still need that wiring conversion.

Could always look up what the extra wire does for the auto or find out what pins it use, and run a wire to that pin out on your ecu if A. its the same, and B. the pin outs between the 2 are the same

Back