ECU swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mark80

Hi guys. I currently have an EDM EG civic with the d15b2 engine. Im doing a mini me to the d16z6. Taking out the P04 ecu and putting in the p28. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this as i think they are different OBD. Different plugs anyway. Ive made an adaptor harness but just wanna make sure its right. Any help appreciated,
Mark

Quoted post[/post]]
Hi guys. I currently have an EDM EG civic with the d15b2 engine. Im doing a mini me to the d16z6. Taking out the P04 ecu and putting in the p28. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this as i think they are different OBD. Different plugs anyway. Ive made an adaptor harness but just wanna make sure its right. Any help appreciated,
Mark
All EGs should be obd1 (unless the EDM market is different?) ... all p28s are obd1.
Everything should plug right in?

Yeah I think the EDM EG's are different. The plugs are different anyway so they definetely dont plug straight in. What four wires would i need to run. Distributor and Vtec. Thanks guys. Its unfortunate for us euros that all the good info on the net is for US cars.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah I think the EDM EG's are different. The plugs are different anyway so they definetely dont plug straight in. What four wires would i need to run. Distributor and Vtec. Thanks guys. Its unfortunate for us euros that all the good info on the net is for US cars.
I wouldn't understand how it wouldn't be obd1, what color are the engine harness plugs?

Done some research and spoke to a german guy that has done the swap and my car is obd0. Bit weird but in a few EDM eg civics it was obd0. I need to swap to obd1.

Not necessarily... EDM USDM JDM etc markets all have different regulations with it comes to on board diagnostics and emissions. They don't always match.

Back