ECU VS Fuel Pressure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civicsolidus

Fixer Upperer
Okay i've had an ongoing problem and i'm tired of trying to track it down but i need to get it fixed.
I'm using a virgin p28 ecu with my b16sir. running crappy duh...
the thing is i can't figure out what is wrong with my p30 ecu if anything is wrong at all.

is it possible for my fuel pump to be going out and not give enough pressure to a 1.6 dohc ecu but works with the 1.6 sohc ecu? i know the ecu's sensors need a different pressure to run it

okay i put my p30 back on my car today and wiggled every wire that i could find. i tried turning it over, it cranked but still no fuel. i checked the fuses yet again and the cooling fan fuse was bad so i replaced it. still not starting. i took out a cheap electronic 10 fuse from the rear defroster relay spot and instantly i heard the fuel pump prime. tried starting it and it started for a second and then died. i replaced the 10 fuse with a good one and let the car sit for about 10 minutes and it started right away. my problem is i believe its going to give me all the same trouble again if i turn the car off. would the fuel pump or the fuel filter be the problem?

but would a clogged fuel filter keep the check engine light on until the fuel pump primes? i would think that the fuel pump would prime but then it still not get through the filter. but mine doesn't prime at all unless i let it sit for a few minutes.

so the connections might be bad then? i only checked to see if the pump was still working not really the connections, good idea. i'll check that thanks.
i doubt it but could the stock fuel pressure regulator from my 1.5l sohc motor be affecting the pressure for my 1.6l dohc motor? is it possible for it to cause those kind of problems? cause now it just turns over without starting when i have the p30 plugged in? but the car runs when i have the p28 plugged in

please help me track this down, i don't want to be using a p28 if i can help it and i've been struggling to fix this damn problem for almost a year. i'm tired and i just want to find out what the problem is

that would do the trick blanco, but sadly its nothing that blonde. Ive been running it on a p28 because the p30 is so intermittent and unreliable. I don't believe its the p30 itself i think it will probably end up being a loose connection or something extremely stupid that i've failed to see.

screw it. it broke down again. tired of fixing it...traded it in and got 2,500 for it. Got a 2000 Lincoln LS. Nice huh? I'll be looking for another project car down the road but i wiped my hands clean and remember the fun I had with it but enough is enough.

Back