ECU with 2 step and knock sensor eliminated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redxcobrax

God member
I am looking at a ECU on ebay, but it's not a shit one.

eBay Motors: ACURA INTEGRA P75 PR4 CHIPPED ECU LS GS B18 B18A B18B (item 260311596500 end time Nov-12-08 22:42:34 PST)

It is included with 2 step set at my choice.

Any suggestions on where to set 2 step at, and rev limiter at? Opinions on this please?

Also what is knock sensor? It is disabled in this ECU.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]racing spec tuned aggressive fuel and ignitions maps[/FONT]
bullet.gif
8,500 rev-limiter and fuel-cut off
- Or you may choose your own upon request for free.
bullet.gif
Disabled speed limiter

bullet.gif
Disabled knock sensor
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PROVIDES TYPICAL GAINS OF 8-20 HP & 6-12 LBS. OF TORQUE WITH MILD BOLT-ONS[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE EXTRAS:[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2-step Full Throttle Launch[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - Allows consistent off the line launching, set at point indicated by you. CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW 2-STEP FULL THROTTLE LAUNCH WORKS! [/FONT]

bullet.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CEL Shift Light[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - Sets up the CEL to turn on like a shift light at a rpm point selected by you. CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW CEL SHIFT LIGHT WORKS! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WE ALSO HAVE OTHER TUNES AVAILABLE, JUST CALL AND ASK! [/FONT]

Yes knock sensor is disabled due to no knock board but not needed depending if you are going turbo or not. When I chip my ecus I disable the knock sensor as well. Some engines come with knock sensor but when disabled it won't throw a check engine light and you are good to go.

looks pretty legit. may not have too many reviews at this point but so far looks like they've got satisfied customers. and from what i've read it sounds like they know what they are talkin about too. being able to have them set up 2 step and the cel shift light is a pretty sweet plus too. just curious how "good" of a tune you can expect with just info you give them via email. no way i would try and tune a boosted car or obnoxious n/a build this route, but perhaps they could make a mostly stock setups with some addons run just a little bit better? no way to tell though i guess unless someone actually dyno'd their car before and after purchasing one of these ecu's. i'd be curious to see the results though lol.

I'd stay away from those.

If you're going to tune your car, you need to actually tune it. A rock-solid tune for one car, even with the same engine, will only be a basemap. Remember that.

Back