Edlebrock Shifter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,
was wondering if any of you had used the Edlebrock Short shifter for the Civic Hatch? Got offered a great price, so wanna know what it's like.

Thanks for help.

I am guessing it's shorter. I have a B&M and it's shorter. It feels like it takes less effort to shift and that's about it. They are all cosmetic and have nothing to do with performace.

You would be surprized how much a shitty shifter will cripple your driving, so It does count for some performance aspects...........

The only reason I ask is that I totally blame my blown tranny on my crappy e-bay shifter that Im swapping out, Just got it rebuilt........was just wondering if this one, coming from a reputable company like edelbrock, will be much diffrent?

Edlebrock makes some good products, however I have not used there shifter yet. I have the skunk2 short shifter, and I now do not have to guess where the gears are on my sloppy DX tranny. The short shifter cleaned things up a lot, and if it is a good deal then I would hop on it.

Lol you blame your blown tranny on your eBay shifter? That's funny. I blame my blown tranny on me missing a gear and trying to force it into gear,which broke my alluminum shift fork and fucked everything up. I am going to be much smoother with my new Y8 tranny (steel shift forks). :thumbsup:

Originally posted by beerbongskickass@Jun 7 2004, 08:17 PM
Lol you blame your blown tranny on your eBay shifter? That's funny. I blame my blown tranny on me missing a gear and trying to force it into gear,which broke my alluminum shift fork and fucked everything up. I am going to be much smoother with my new Y8 tranny (steel shift forks). :thumbsup:

no he blamed his sloppy tranny on his sloppy stock shifter more or less...and then got a skunk2 shifter and liked the way it felt much better.

I say if you got a good price, get it mang.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 7 2004, 08:39 PM
no he blamed his sloppy tranny on his sloppy stock shifter more or less...and then got a skunk2 shifter and liked the way it felt much better.

I was talking about the guy above him...

Only get it if it's steel and not some shitty alluminum shifter.

Back