ef b18 mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

torturedsol

I've got my CRX and just picked up a rolled DA. I'm kicking around the idea of tossing the b18 in the CRX. Been looking around but haven't found a definate answer to my question.

All the mounts inside the DA Integra are still good, is there any need to buy some aftermarket kit? Or will the mounts from the DA not work in a CRX?

Edit: Already got the dpfi -> mpfi conversion covered :)

after market is a must

you will have to buy a mount kit for your ef. spend the extra cash for billet mounts and avoid the welded steel sometimes they are difficult to align the engine. have had the best results with hasport or axid mounts . you will need a shift linkages made for the b series swap . parts normally cost 500 to 550 plus shipping.

About a year and a half ago i decided to put a B18 in my EF hatch. I was looking on ebay for mounts and found a guy in Kentucky with some. I bought them and recieved them mrapped in news paper with a bag of bolts and washers. When we put the car together the motor slid in like a hot knife through butter. These mounts were no name welded steel but very beefy. My 3 other buddies decided it was tim to do some more b series into EF swaps and they all bought welded steel mounts, some from canada. All the mounts they got sucked! we had to drill, grind, hammer, etc. I guess all im trying to say is i got VERY lucky with the mounts so spend the extra cash and save a ton of head aches and busted knuckles. Hasport all the way baby...

i wou[d recommend innovative mounts, they are cheaper than hasport and they seem very high quality.

In most mount cases your only buying the name.

So choose wisely between price:quality.

Back