1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EF Civic si swap questions.

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Hasid Lafre, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Hasid Lafre

Hasid Lafre Master of the obvious

Ok Iam trying to figure out whick dohc d16 motors are swapable for the 88-91 civic si.

I know the first gen teg motor you cant cause of the motor mount isent in the right location, So what DOHC d16 motor will be swapable into an ef civic si for ease of instilation?

A zc has crossed my mind but the fact that its takes like 6 or so motors to make that one makes me nervious and I dont want to carry a list.

Basically is the d16a8/9 the easyest swap? or whats your oppinion cause I dont want a b k h or whatever. I want something out of the norm and SOHC is not what I want.

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

a DOHC ZC is what you want. I don't know who in the hell told you that you'll need multiple motors to make a ZC, they are just plain retarded.

3. Hasid Lafre

I dident say to make a zc. but a zc is comprized of a few motors.

I dont want to carry around a list of part numbers so if I have to replace something.

4. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

you didn't say to make huh?... anyway, if you need replacement parts the only other motor you can get stuff from is the D16A1 and that's only certain parts that are interchangable. The other shit you'll have to order for a ZC. It'll be a pain in the ass to order parts for a ZC but my point is that a ZC isn't 'several motors' that you get parts from.

However, I think you are getting confused with the fact that people have found USDM counterparts that work for the ZC since it's so hard to get actual ZC parts from Japan and the USDM counterparts just happen to be from different cars.

5. hatukazi

hatukazi ambitious...but rubbish

sounds to me like you would be much better off getting a D16Z6 SOHC VTEC, and order parts for 94 civic Si or del sol Si.

6. khrisb

khrisb ******

you can get all the parts you need for a zc at the dealership and parts store

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  8. Hasid Lafre

I know there a factory motor but its comprized of parts from many d series motors and such.

I had a list of part numbers for replacment parts and such. Like the timing belt is off a prelude.

But whatever never mind forget it twist everything around and nothing gets done but bitching.

9. khrisb

khrisb ******

f you. dohc zc sucks anyway

10. BrutalB83

You make it sound like they just grabbed a bunch of extra parts that were laying around and threw them together to make a motor. They do make OEM replacement parts for the motor, you just can't get most of them here in the US, since the motors are Japan-only and they're going on 20 years old. The list of parts you have aren't the original parts for the DOHC ZC, it's just a list of OEM US-spec parts that people have figured out will work.

I think I understand what you're saying, but the way you're putting it makes you sound like you're very uninformed.

11. Hasid Lafre

nope. I resece and reserch but I just found out that the d16a8/9 is a eudm zc. oh well continue my search for something.

12. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

What is the big deal about buying parts for the dual cam ZC? The hard part is already done, you have the list of what USDM parts will work on it.. if buying parts from a few different cars every once in awhile is too difficult then maybe you should just keep the stock motor.

13. Hasid Lafre

I said I had a list. I cant find it now, but anyway never mind this is a dead subject.

14. BrutalB83

The list is here:

FourthGenHatch

Just thought I'd add that in case anyone else is searching for ZC information.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted