EF "drfting"

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not real drifting IMO. Dont get me wrong...you use the ebrake in drifting, but relying on it and using it are two different things. FF Drifting is like masturbating before sex. Ya get off, but was it really worth the tires?

well it lookd cool, was just as good as any rwd drifters and it was cool to see a hatch doing that.

so yes it was worth the tires

I'd rather see it done by pedal and brake biaser. But yeah, that was real drifting. He was approaching the corner and doing a fast departure speed... So it's all good in my book.

1. Its not the fastest way around a corner (excluding dirt)...so whats the point?
2. It destroys your rear tires in 1/8th of the time of a normal track day
3. 98% of the jackoff highschool kids who buy 240SX's with the thought: "1n1t14l D y0!"

I think Drifting rocks. But it took me some time to come to that. I thought it was stupid - And there are still flavors of drifting that are lame ass. Dori and Dorifto is stupid. Drift racing is great though.

what we see most of the time in the US is Dori / Gymkhana. Which is ok, when done properly. It's a car-control clinic - And it's tougher than autocross anyday. And when you have people judging you based on subjective qualities, it really makes it interesting.

But Drift racing is doing everything that your Skip Barber instructor told you couldn't be done. These guys load up their cars with the same high dollar goodness of your typical GT cup car, then they go so crazy that even THAT equipment can't keep up. After that it, it's all driver judgement and control that make the corner. The progression is higher and higher speeds until you can't be touched. Dropping into 50 mph corners at 100+ and letting the physics take over.

It's not easy by any stretch.

And also, Drifting is a helluva lot more interesting and fun when you're doing it. It's not just doing donuts in a parking lot (That's Dorifto).

the kids with the 240s might think initial d, but when they try it on the street there will be fewer 240s available.

seen plenty of s14 style 240s die painful deathes with telephone poles, and 1 s13 die an EXTREMELY painful death. The S13 was actually driven by one of the better drivers i know, but he foot braked instead of clutching and locked up his front wheels....i really liked that car.

N E Way. NASCAR:Speed Skating|Drifting:Figure Skating

Its a subjective sport...if you get a better crowd reaction, run a better line, go a sustainable 90 degrees sideways...your gonna get better points...its just the way it works.

I think FWD drifting does suck.. But he had some skills, I'll give him that much.

Drifting to me is a display of power and control. It is simply a show of driver skill, and nothing more. And for that, I like watching it every once in a while. It should not be considered a "race".

Quoted post[/post]]
1. Its not the fastest way around a corner (excluding dirt)...so whats the point?
2. It destroys your rear tires in 1/8th of the time of a normal track day
3. 98% of the jackoff highschool kids who buy 240SX's with the thought: "1n1t14l D y0!"

you're missing the point completely.. it;s not done to be the fastst way around a corner.. it's done because it takes extreme skill, and is pretty awsome looking.

im just out of it dude, and i went on a date with a figure skater saturday...gimmie a break.

Seriously though. do you really think speed skating is hard? i know for a fact figure skating is...interesting saturday.

Back