EF Hatch B18A Info...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bbissell05

Before anybody tries to swapa B18A into an EF Civic make sure if you're planning on it being a 5 speed that you get a 5 speed car to put it into. I have read I don't know how many threads describing how to swap a B18 into a EF hatch but I have yet to read anything about swapping one into an automatic car.

See, I tried to do my homework about this swap before I went ahead with it and I was told by people in this forum that it didn't matter if the car was an auto or stick...they are wrong. The drivers side mount for the motor is different and needs modified to even begin to fit. I wish one of you "experts" in here would have let me know this before I ended up with a garage full of various parts and come to find out I can't do what I planned.

I was also told to use the "search" function...don't let that piece of technological bullshit fool you. It's worthless. If there is anybody (preferably somebody that has done the swap before, not someone who THINKS they know it all) who can tell me how to fix this problem...please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a rough situation to end up in. I don't even think it would be that bad had you been unsure of whether it would work in the first place, not having people tell you it'd work only to find the opposite.

Are you referring to the body mount or the motor mount?

Body mount...the passenger side mount for the auto tranny is lower than the one for a manual tranny. I just cut one off a manual car and welded it in place of the other but it looks like shit. I would have rather started with a manual car because this was supposed to be a semi-show car...now it looks cobbed together.

Back