eg/b18b1 radiator???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGxZEX

just wondering if stock e.g. radiator is sufficient cooling for b18b1? Or do i need to upgrade to something bigger. Also previous owner jumped some wiring to keep fan running continuously, is that okay? Thanks.

I ran a stock eg radiator when I had a gsr swap with no issues. My current car is an itr swap with a stock ek radiator, also no issues. If boost is in the future, or any heavy racing, so might want to upgrade to a dual core.

I have a B18b1 in my 98 Hx with the stock Hx radiator and have no issues. Runs the same temp as the D16 did. If you want you can get a radiator from a Del Sol Vtec with a B16a, it is larger than the D16's and has theright size outlets for the hoses.

I just had a discussion today with a guy at work that did a 24 hour endurance race with a b18a equipped integra. They were using a half core civic radiator, and it started to overheat during long term abuse. Going to a teg full size fixed it. If your car is a DD and only used for quick sprints here and there you should be fine.

A friend of mine is running the stock Civic DX half radiator in his EG with an LS-VTEC turbo in it, no problems with overheating whatsoever. Try it and see how it works for you. If it has overheating problems just switch it out with a full length 'Teg radiator or go to something aftermarket.

so I come to find out that the radiator was not the problem. I have some sort of internal coolant leak. My reservoir is leaking out the top with high revs. just wondering if no the issue is a blown head gasket or cracked head/block

The car went from running good to bogging out under load. i also noticed that my reservoir smells like exhaust fumes... some one helpmeet.

I had a LS in my EG for ten years and it ate water....but nothing crazy. My B16 doesn't take a drop and thats with A/C.

Back