EG motor swap questions and concerns

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

neilb33

Hey Guys,

I have recently purchased a B18A1 to swap into my hatch. I have been searching the net and differnt forums for the past few days , trying to dig up information about swaping this motor into my car. The only information i have been able to find is info about the motor mounts.

I have heard that you need; D-series driver side engine mount, a B18B1 engine mount or post mount (the front engine mount i think), B1 tranny mount and I-bracket (w.e a I-bracket is), or a tranny mount and I-bracket out of a 94-01 DC..I dont know if this information is true or not or if it would work so i wanted to get an opinion from you guys on what can be done, I also want to know what mount I need to use on the passenger/tranny side of the motor...some of my other concerns for this swap are:

1) What axels do i need to use (Dseries, Bseries)?
2) What do i do about the shift linkedge?
3) What ECU and harness do or can use?
4) I have a high performance radiator for a Dseries motor, will it work?
5) Will the Dseries spark plug wires work with the motor?
6) How big of a job is converting clutch lines to cable?
7) Can the fuel filter on the firewall be changed to one from an intergra(the one with the banjo fitting and stuff lol)?

Thats about all the questions i can think about right now, pullin my blown Dseries out 2morrow mornin with the boys and dry fittin the B18 to see what it looks like for the most part...any positive input is more then welcome, thanks & cheers :)

P.S. I also wanted to ask about throttle body spacers? do they actually work and increase hp/tq?

Last edited:
1- b-series
2- b-series
3- b-series ecu and your stock harness will work
4- yes your radiator will work
5- no your going to need a b-series distributer and wires
6- clutch ~ they sell a kit BUY IT
7- i dont know about the fuel i'm sure it can be done though
hope this helps good luck

The fuel filter is completley interchangeable with the integra but it is the same so there is no need to swap it. The only thing you will have trouble with with the fue is the return line is a-bit smaller than the integra unit However your return line will fit it will jist be tight.

Back