eg radiator issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

during my last run at autox yesterday, the radiator in my car sprung a leak and was pissing everywhere. I think ideally I would like to replace it with a vtec delsol version seeing how I *might* eventually end up going B-series in this car (its still D-series for now) and even if I don't, more efficient cooling never hurts, right? But I've heard that supposedly the sol radiator uses the larger B-series hoses so I'm wondering if it would even be possible to get the smaller D-series hoses onto the vtec sol radiator for now until I get around to the B swap? Or are there hoses out there that will work?

I can probably just braze the hole shut for now if I had to but who knows how long the repair or the rest of the rad will last after that...

anyone? :confused:

i have an automatic civic radiator and have never had any problems since. it was like 50 bucks on ebay and was a no name brand. i even use it now with my ls vtec swap.

Quoted post[/post]]
i have an automatic civic radiator and have never had any problems since. it was like 50 bucks on ebay and was a no name brand. i even use it now with my ls vtec swap.

are the auto civic radiators any more heavier duty or efficient than the manual ones?

if I do end up going B-series it will almost definitely end up being a JRSC'd B18/B20 since either way I will get stuck in SM class and otherwise getting killed by 500+ hp AWD cars. SO cooling will become a crucial issue. And believe it or not, it actually does get ridiculously hot here in the summer so I can't fuck around and take a chance on something that may or may not be 100% reliable. If I do go with the JRSC B-series, the car is getting the vtec sol radiator at the very least if not a fullsize teg version.

my main problem at this point is just that my current rad took a dump and I can't decide whether I should try to shitrig fix it for now, get a boneyard one or just bite the bullet and buy a new delsol version, which I don't know if it can be made to work with the d-series for the time being or not without leaking like a mf...

well if you are going all out then i would get a nice fluidyne or something but mine is a dual core which is fine so.

+1 for the dual core Civic radiator. I had to replace my old copper one got one for $80 from Autozone. Dual core, with plastic end tanks. Works great. I've been in uphill stop and go traffic in 90 degree weather and my temp gauge never moved.

Back