1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eg radiator issues

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stmotorsports, May 1, 2006.

1. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

during my last run at autox yesterday, the radiator in my car sprung a leak and was pissing everywhere. I think ideally I would like to replace it with a vtec delsol version seeing how I *might* eventually end up going B-series in this car (its still D-series for now) and even if I don't, more efficient cooling never hurts, right? But I've heard that supposedly the sol radiator uses the larger B-series hoses so I'm wondering if it would even be possible to get the smaller D-series hoses onto the vtec sol radiator for now until I get around to the B swap? Or are there hoses out there that will work?

I can probably just braze the hole shut for now if I had to but who knows how long the repair or the rest of the rad will last after that...

anyone? [​IMG]

2. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

i have an automatic civic radiator and have never had any problems since. it was like 50 bucks on ebay and was a no name brand. i even use it now with my ls vtec swap.

3. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

are the auto civic radiators any more heavier duty or efficient than the manual ones?

if I do end up going B-series it will almost definitely end up being a JRSC'd B18/B20 since either way I will get stuck in SM class and otherwise getting killed by 500+ hp AWD cars. SO cooling will become a crucial issue. And believe it or not, it actually does get ridiculously hot here in the summer so I can't fuck around and take a chance on something that may or may not be 100% reliable. If I do go with the JRSC B-series, the car is getting the vtec sol radiator at the very least if not a fullsize teg version.

my main problem at this point is just that my current rad took a dump and I can't decide whether I should try to shitrig fix it for now, get a boneyard one or just bite the bullet and buy a new delsol version, which I don't know if it can be made to work with the d-series for the time being or not without leaking like a mf...

4. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

well if you are going all out then i would get a nice fluidyne or something but mine is a dual core which is fine so.

5. EGProject

EGProject YEEEEAAHHHHH

+1 for the dual core Civic radiator. I had to replace my old copper one got one for $80 from Autozone. Dual core, with plastic end tanks. Works great. I've been in uphill stop and go traffic in 90 degree weather and my temp gauge never moved.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted