Eg Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrowNKiD

I want to swap a b18c5 into and 93 cx. I know i have to add the vtec wires, but do i have to do anything about the odb1 and odb2. If so how do i go about doin that?

do a search here, it is a good site, you'll find what you need to you know, its been covered alot...

Use your CX harness and add the wires for VTEC. You're also going to need te distributor from an OBD I GSR. I'm not sure about injectors, though. I think OBD I and II and the same, but I could be wrong. Anyone else know?

Find a USDM ITR harness, it plugs right into the Civic, and then just use a chipped P28.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jul 14 2004, 08:40 PM
You're also going to need te distributor from an OBD I GSR.

:no:
you can simply swap the plugs
thats how i did it on my swap

I'm not sure about injectors, though. I think OBD I and II and the same, but I could be wrong.

the injectors are also different
once again simply swapping the plugs works perfectly

and the alternator plug is also different

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 15 2004, 12:03 AM
Find a USDM ITR harness, it plugs right into the Civic, and then just use a chipped P28.

that would be the easiest way :) (a GSR harness will also work)

oh yeah...
if he uses his CX harness he will also have to wire up for a 4 wire O2 sensor

Originally posted by BrowNKiD@Jul 15 2004, 06:26 AM
^^^^wat do i swap the odb1 with the odb2 or the odb2 with the odb1???

OBD II Integra engine harness (ITR, GSR) = plugs right in to OBD I Civic (92-95).

Chipped P28 (OBD I) plugs right into Civic (92-95)

All this = easy swap.

yup, the simpliest way...

also depending if you got a JDM/USDM motor, the JDM motors axles that come with the R motor wont fit, they are 36mm and you need 32mm

You can use any 94-95 computer, and it will plug right in.

Back