EG with LS swap doesnt start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXratedR

I have an EG with LS swap. It ran and started before, but now it doesnt. It cranks but doesnt turn or stay on. I changed the battery, the alternator works, starter works, there's gas, the fuel pump comes on, I replaced the dizzy along with the coil, cap and rotor. Still wont start. But when I spray that starter spray thingy into the intake/manifold, it cranks better and almost starts, but still wont run. What do you guys think?

Did u check for spark.,.... check the transmission ground.....check all sensors connections.... do u have any inactive codes or check engine light come on ....

spark? sometimes its there and sometimes its not. i take out the spark plug and try to start it, and sometimes i see the spark, and sometimes it dont. it cranks fine, but doesnt start. i replaced the whole dizzy, coil, cap, rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires. the starter is good and so is the alternator and battery.

all wires, grounds and sensors seem to be ok. no check engine light.

there's gas and the pump turns on. i try to start it and it will crank but it wont run. i spray that starter fluid into the intake/int manifold, and it would almost start and run, but dies out. is it a fuel problem? or ignition? or the main relay?

help!

update

weird.

i went out to my car and tried to start it. it worked!

when cranking it, it sounded kinda weak, but then turned on.

i didnt drive it or anything because i was scared it might die out on me somewhere. i left it on for a few minutes and then shut it off. i tried to start it again and it worked. super weird.

i havent tried it again, yet, its been sitting there, so i dont know if it will start again or not. regardless, something is wrong, and i dont really trust it.

Try borrowing a friends Fuel relay. Yours may be faulty. :/ And double check, and visually check all grounds. Even the one underneath your drivers seat.

-Jason

man. so annoying. tried it again this morning, and it didnt start. i've been researching some more and the only thing thats left, it seems like, is the main relay. im going to take it out and check out the solder connections and re-solder if needed. hopefully this is the last fix.

fixed it!

the problem was the main relay. i removed it and then opened it, checked out the solder, and sure enough it had a few had dry and weak joints. i desoldered and resoldered all of them and reinstalled it back into the car. it starts like it should now. thanks everybody

Good job man! Go to a local junk yard and snag a fuel relay from there. A relay from Honda will set your back well over $50.

-Jason

Back