eg6 vaccum line confusion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95eg6

okay so i drooped in a b16a into my 95 civic vx hatch got every thing hooked up and she started right up, BUT it revved to 3000 and then my check engine light came on and the reves dropped a couple hundred. okay that sucks then i touch the peddle and it dies, "shit." start it up again and it does the same thing but when i touch the gas it idles at almost nothing slow as hell

anyway the new motor had a small vacuum line coming off the top of the throttle body that split into to, my vx has 2 of the same size vacuum lines coming the little black box on the fire wall (sorry i dont know what its called) and one from the black canister(that one either) so i hooked up all three haha i had just finished and did it cuz i had no idea what to do but, is this the problem?

the lines on the black box dont need to be hooked up at all.. in fact, you can remove the thing if you want.. i did..

Is the car throwing any codes??
It could also be vacuum leak.. .. while the car is running take some carb cleaner and spray around the base of the intake manifold and anything attached to it.. ie: throttle body, vacuum lines, and all sensors.. no need to douse it but just spray along the edges.. if the car starts to die out you found your leak ..

oh okay good to know ill remove those hoses. i dont have one of those things that reads codes i need one.

isnt bad to let it start up and run so high b4 the oil makes it to the cams? im kinda scared im doing damage to bearing surfaces.

Back