Egr Bypass?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbotypeR

Has anyone ever found a way to bypass the egr valve on an H22 so it does not throw a code if removed? I installed a Venom manifold for a customer and it does not have a place for it. I have already pluged it up and left it tucked up in the engine compartment and I also removed the top of it and tied the valve pushed in and it still trows a code. Thanks!

hondata IM gasket, blocks the port on an OEM manifold and the head. I have one awaiting to be installed as the EGR system on my prelude is shot. Its probably the easiest way to block the passage and still have the egr attached w/o throwing a code or fabbing up a plate to cover the opening for the valve.

the new manifold has a spot for it and i pluged it off.it throws a code with it unplugged.i am wanting to bypass it electronically.

I assume its an obd2 h22. Some one on honda-tech had posted something on an electrical mod that made the ecu see flow without actually having it. A friend of mine tried it with no luck. I've got the post saved to my hard drive if you want it.

Back