EGR Delete CEL *POSSIBLE FIX*?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chris89

Will this work? I just got my new egr plate and i'de like to install it. I just need to know if this solution will work?

you can do it what you need is a relay and a 0-5k ohm rheostat from radio shack. Now on the drivers side tower where the egr solenoid is located, you will see the plug from the ECU that operates the EGR solenoid to allow vacuum to go to the EGR valve. On top of the egr valve is also a plug for the lift sensor.

Wire your relay so that instead of going to the solenoid, it goes to the coil of the relay. Cut the wire going to the ECU for the EGR lift sensor. Then wire the relay so that the wire on the pole goes to the EGR life sensor wire going to the ecu and the normally closed position is wired to the EGR lift sensor wire going to the sensor itself. Then the position that is actuated needs to be tied to the Rheostat set at about 2200 ohms and then after that needs to be spliced into the EGR lift sensor's 5v wire.

There and WALA, no more CEL for a non-working EGR. This is a lot easier to do right at the ECU. If you have a Pin readout of the ecu wires, then do this right there and you won't have to run any wires across the engine bay.

Back