Eibach Sway Bar Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
I finally got around to putting the sway bars on, and I think I'm missin some stuff...

All the stuff to mount the bars on a civic that DID come with factory sways is there, but Mike (calesta) looked at the kit and said his kit (the kit for civics WITHOUT factory sways) that's on his car looks totally different...

Other than the parts included with the kit FOR civics, there's a bag of bolts, 2 weird thingies, and 4 brackets in the box (pic below). Nothing in the directions includes any of these parts, and I'm not really sure where they go....

The Eibach rep on the phone said that the correct kit that I need (without factory sways) should be 4017.321G, and the kit I have is 4017.321 (without the G)....

Help?

here's everything I got:
swaybars8da.jpg

and here's the stuff that I have no idea what it is:
spareparts5sv.jpg

It's possible the reason yours and Mikes look different is because they could have redesigned the mounting bracket for tha LCAs.

Looking at you pics based on my experiance (mounting sways on a couple cars made for them), I would say you are lacking anyway to bolt them to an LCA that isn't made for them.

Except the brass brackets look like they would be part of the front sway, maybe they mount around the LCA and then down to the sway, but you seem to be missing the rear ones. I haven't used this kit before though.

Got this reply on Honda-Tech about the back....
The stuff in your second picture is the stuff you use to mount the rear
sway bar. It's all the parts you need if you do not have an OEM sway
bar. The larger black metal plates mount to existing holes in your rear
sub-frame via the screws in the bag. Then the smaller black metal D
brackets bolt onto the brackets you just mounted to the subframe. Next
those wierd goldish things replace the bolts (one on each side) that
mount your rear shocks to the rear LCAs (don't ask me how). Then your
swaybar end-links should bolt to the "U" shaped end. Finally connect
your swaybar end-links to the sway bar.

Here are some pics (snaged from Hybrid-Performance.org) of the brackets
mounted to the subframe where the LCAs are bolted in:
GSRbar_off_1a.jpg

Bracket_1a.jpg

Bracket_2a.jpg

Brack_off_1a.jpg

Reinforce_3b.jpg

Anyone know about the front?

Do they have a picture of the sway bar mounted where it connects to the LCAs? Like I said, I haven't used this kit, but the mounting point would be way off using that bracket in the rear.

I am assuming the bracket bolts on where the shock does, then you have the part going down that the sway would bolt to, that just seems wrong.

I'd like to have the kit in front of me so I could put it together.

Ok der, my brian is on the fritz, I have been consumed with getting my PC back on track. Yea, you are missing the parts to mount them to teh LCAs.

Originally posted by civicious@Apr 6 2005, 06:18 PM
something like this, I'm thinking?
[post=483868]Quoted post[/post]​

That wouldn't work... under compression, you'd just snap or break the brass colored piece. The sway bar needs to run laterally from the main center section to the end link so that the suspension can push UP on in and cause it to twist.

After looking around the web, I think I found what my shit is SUPPOSED to look like, as far as the mounting brackets and such:

sb018zp.jpg

sb026bo.jpg

Yeah, I'm definitely missing a lot of essential stuff to make this work.

<_<

grrr....

...And all this is pure speculation, because I STILL haven't found an Eibach-specific ANYTHING....and I definitely don't have the right installation instructions.

:rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr: :rawr:

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 7 2005, 02:15 AM
I still think that front sway bar setup in that picture looks really fucked up...
[post=483909]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes it does.

Shouldn't the sway bar be over the LCA and cat, not under it?

Yeah, I would think so- or else you're going to drag that sucker over every single speed bump! At least Wil's looks like it goes OVER the exhaust.

Well fuck. I guess Eibach sent me the wrong kit originally. That sucks, I'm sorry Will, I didn't know. PM and we can maybe work something out, man.

Back