Ek H22 swap engine drive shaft problems.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pkennedy

The h22 is in. When I installed my new drive shaft that are made for a h22 swap. They hit on on both shocks lower forks. Looking at the engine it looks likes the engine is tilted back too far. Do I have to shim the rear mount to tilt the engine forward to clear everything? Could it be my drive shaft are too big? Does anyone have measurements what the drive shafts sould be? I have hasport motor mounts installed.

Are you sure you didnt mix up the lower forks?? They will go on either side but when you have them mixed up the cv shaft will hit. Try switching them around and see if that fixes your problem. Good luck.

I believe so. The curved is facing forward. Did you ever do a h22 swap where you had to place shims under the rear engine mount?

I believe I have them right. The curved is facing forward. Has anyone done a h22 swap in EK coupe that had to place shims under the rear engine mount. I'm using hasport mounts.

You should not have to use any shims, Hasport would not design anything like that. You should have instructions that came with the mounts. What brand of cv shafts are you using?? If you did not get the hasport shafts that could be your problem also. Their shafts are designed to be used with their mount kits. If you have some knock of ebay shafts that might cause you some serious problems.

The reason I asked about the shims is. With all the mounts bolted in my left and right mounts are pressed up against the rear side of the mount brackets. I have about a 1/4 inch gap in the front of the left and right engine mounts. I did buy my cv shaft off ebay and they weren't cheap. But it looks like I'll be buying some off Hasport. I just don't like how the engine is seating on the mounts.

Yeah, I would have to say that it would definetly be a good idea to get the hasport shafts. You can try to recoup some of your money by selling the old ones on ebay.

Found the problem. I have a rear bracket off a h22 that was from a Honda Accord. I order the 1 for a Prelude. Thery are different. All my problems should be solved. Thanks for your input.

i just got done doing the swap in my car the same thing was happening i use integra axle combo i use some ebay shafts and then just had to buy the ones from hasport and they work perfect (what is happening if your car is lowered the inner joint is hiting on the shaft and causeing vibration hasport has made there mount so you pretty much have to buy the shafts to or have a tranny shop custom integr axles)

good luck

Let me know how it comes out. I was thinking of swapping a h22 into my other 95 civic I have but I dont know if I want to give up my AC!

you can keep ac and power steering with the swap just alot of work i heard you use a CRV bracket with a ex single cam compressor and power steering you have to find someone to modify the line or i think a 97 prelude line will work is what heard i took out ac because i am going to boost but i keep ps

I have the same problem with the rear mount

I saw that the hasport site gave you the honda part number for the rear bracket i needed so i ordered it. I got it in and took 2 hours to wiggle the bracket out of the car with the motor in. And guess what... it was the same bracket i already had... so does anyone else have any input on this... once again my axles are binded hitting the forks and side mounts look twisted to the back. since i have 2 of the same bracket now i just cut a pie shape out of the arch to arc it more and welded it back together. I will be trying it tonight after work and i will let yall know.

Back