1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EK Stock Size Brake Replacement

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by webink_EK9, Jun 24, 2004.

1. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

I'm looking for the best stock sized break replacements I can get. I need rotors calipers pads and lines. I was reading a thread that I can't locate now that was talking about a better compound shoe/pad for my rears. Anyone know what I'm talking about?? I don't really want to switch to discs in the back...more work than payoff.

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

brembo blank rotors (some people have had luck with the $20 autozone specials)
    hawk HP+ or other comprable pads (or if this is not a street car you can go with MUCH more agressive pads)
    goodridge lines
    ATE superblue or motul fluid

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

one thing to remember, since your car is being "built" for autocross, extremly agressive track pads are not going to help you because they take longer to heat up, and they aren't realy grabby until they do.

Cobalt friction makes a pad that is designed for solo2 and HPDE's. I would recomend them. I have them right now, and I love them.

4. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

$20 for the rotors? Thats not bad. Should I go with the calipers they have too? And will they sell the pads you talked about?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted