EK Wiring Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wallace67

So I bought an EK with an H22 swap in it for a deal but the car was hurting pretty bad. The wiring in this car is a mess and I have no clue where to start with the problems. There was a shitty alarm system that spliced into every wire possible that I took out. I resoldered all of the splices but there are still a few problems:

When the driver side door is open and you press the brake, the left turn signal comes on solid and stays on and about a second later there is a loud beep, like when the ignition is in the on position. This stays on as long as the brake is pressed in. When the door is closed this still happens but without the beep.

Both reverse lights work except when the car is actually moving in reverse (when the brake isn't pressed in I'm guessing?)

On a separate note, VTEC is also not working. When it hits ~4800 rmps the tach starts jumping wildly. We tried switching the map and tps sensor but that didn't work, and we are thinking that it is a problem with my distributor.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Wiring is a headache, especially when someone else screwed it up.

My advice is to pull the driver's side door panel off and take a look in there. My guess is that someone installed automatic locks and didn't do it right.

The reverse light problem is odd. But it sounds to me like they could have disconnected the actual wire to the sensor that lets the ECU know when the vehicle is in reverse, and tied that into a brake light power wire or something.

For VTEC, have you checked to see if there's a wire run for the solenoid?

Also, what ECU is the car running?

Back