Electornic Arts...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaaseyRacer

A buddy of mine just quit his job at EA as the hours and work ethics of the company were ridiculous. He now finds out that he was not alone in his opinion on the company. For all the gamers on this site please read these articles, one is from the wife of an EA employee, and the other is from a former EA employee. My buddy is now involved with several other current and former EA employees in a law suit against them for unfair/illegal labor practices.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/

http://www.livejournal.com/users/joestraitiff/

And if you think they have it bad the game testers have it worse.

that's horrible. i hope they win a lawsuit. i don't wish to see ea shut down, as their teams have produced some amazing games. but they need a work ethics policy enforced.

Originally posted by Blanco@Nov 12 2004, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the corporate world. Squeeze 80 hours worth of work out of a 40 hour pay period. There's a class action suit against GameStop right now for the same reason.
[post=416076]Quoted post[/post]​

really? no wonder the people working at software etc look so unhappy.

Originally posted by Guy+Nov 12 2004, 08:56 PM-->
@Nov 12 2004, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the corporate world. Squeeze 80 hours worth of work out of a 40 hour pay period. There's a class action suit against GameStop right now for the same reason.

[post=416171]Quoted post[/post]​

Who was it again that removed OVERTIME for a lot of people in this country?

thank god that doesn't happen with my job

well seriously though think of the market they are in. i would almost expect shti to be crappy if i'm making video games. but not THAT crappy

Originally posted by jeffie7+Nov 12 2004, 10:18 PM-->
Originally posted by Guy@Nov 12 2004, 08:56 PM
Blanco
@Nov 12 2004, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the corporate world.  Squeeze 80 hours worth of work out of a 40 hour pay period.  There's a class action suit against GameStop right now for the same reason.

[post=416171]Quoted post[/post]​

Who was it again that removed OVERTIME for a lot of people in this country?
[post=416207]Quoted post[/post]​

Certainly not the green party

Back