electrical question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

i just got a 93 dx a couple months ago and when i turn the headlights on they don't come on for like 30 secs then they come on by themselves (obviously with the switch in the on position still). i thought it could be a switch problem but i really don't think its a short cause even if the vehicle is parked and i'm not touching anything it happens......just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? thanks

ok i think i really stumped you guys on this one.....i just found two other people with the same problem and it appears to be related to cold weather. and in all of the cases if you hit the passing lights they work till you let go but the headlights still don't come on. somebody must know what this is?

I'll take a wild stab at it. Maybe condensation is building up somewhere. This prevents the lights from coming on. But after a lil while the heat from the engine dissapates the condensation and there is light. -just a thought

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Feb 21 2004, 05:00 PM
I'll take a wild stab at it. Maybe condensation is building up somewhere. This prevents the lights from coming on. But after a lil while the heat from the engine dissapates the condensation and there is light. -just a thought

it can't be condensation because if i pull the passing light lever the lights come on but go back off when i let it go.

It's probably a bad connection in the switch itself. Try replacing it.

but when its not cold everything works fine?

but thanks for taking a shot at it guys

check the conectons for condensation and the conectors for breaks

It might be worth checking out your relays. The switch sends a signal to a relay, which in turn sends FULL power to the headlights. The switch is working, because the lights are coming on. A switch wouldn't really be affected by cold weather that I can think of.

Just a guess.

Back