EM1 to auto ej8 swap? whats involved?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blanco ej8

Ok I searched and cant find exactly what Im looking for. Here is my situation I have a 2000 automatic ej8 with a blown motor and shot trans with a good body and clean title. I am buying my little brothers totalled EM1. Its all passenger side body damage. Motor and trans are in perfect condition. I want to pull everything from the em1 and put on the ej8. From my understanding I will need to switch over pedal assembly, cut hole that shifter comes through on the em1 and weld it in the ej8. What else will i need to do besides the stuff that is 100% bolt on? I have 2 complete cars so there is nothing else I need.. Any input, tips or info? Thanks ahead of time.

you would need pedals, clutch master cylinder the clutch line the shifter and linkage
you dont need to cut and weld anything. most of the cars you can see on the fire wall where the clutch master sits in and you just drill the big hole and 2 small holes in the fire wall and install it.
then where the shifter goes you need to cut the tunnel that the automatic shifter cable went thru as the linkage will hit it if you dont. then just weld or how ever you want patch the hole up where it was if you want it clean cut and weld the hole where the shifter goes out of the em1. but really there is not too much to it. also where the automatic shifter was you need to jump the wires where the safety switch was or it wont start if its un plugged.
Hope this helps .

Last edited:
Yes thank you, but I dont think I will run into the usual issues with doing a auto to manual swap because I have every part from the em1, just putting it on a different body, but thanks for the response

You dont need 2 drill if im correct, when i did it on my 94 coupe there was a plug that went exactly where the clutch pedal/ master cylinder get's bolted to. It's actually not a very hard swap at all and should be super easy since u have a complete parts car.

Back