end of the free internet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vader.jpg

im not sure i understand.

so Comcast will charge Netflix more money to "ensure their content is given top priority".

but, i thought nothing had priority, and they just passed along whatever came in. wouldnt then, Netflix have the option to stay at "normal" priority and avoid fees?

obviously i see the implication that if ISPs start charging Netflix more money, then Netflix will in turn charge customers more money, which is bad.

that's the end game--- if you're a steamer, you will pay for it because the corporate isp's now have the power to bill unequally.

nah, i can see some good things coming from this.

what did the japanese do back in the 60's and 70's when american companies got the government to charge extra taxes and tariffs to imported steel?
well, these were based on weight, so the japs developed stronger and lighter steel to get around it. better end product. same price.

we are talking about the current big dogs (isp providers) that are literally fighting their way down a dead end street. they are on the way out, and they know it. theres no doubt about that. their products are no longer desired by a younger mobile generation.

now, we have the big time up and comers (streaming co's) that already have a lot of heft behind them. amazon and netflix are huge, and only getting bigger.

i think if this does go through, they'll play the game with the big boys, then deliver the ultimate smack down when they team up, and most likely i would say with google, and all of a sudden they have their own isp set up, and infrastructure rolling out at a fast pace.

yeah, we may get hit with inflated shit service for a little bit, but it wont be long before we see some new services pop up.

the child of LTE is going to be a game changer. it's going to unplug us from the isp as we know it. all devices will become wireless 'air card' based stuff where there is no router.... its just on.

Back