1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

energy suspension kit

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by jimboburgess, Aug 16, 2005.

1. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

I am thinking about install urethane bushings all around, suspension and engine mounts and the big bushings in the lower control arms.

Any one have any opinions, suggestions, experience, stories, flaming?

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I hope you have a hydraulic press, if not...have fun.

3. jimboburgess

jimboburgess Go fast, Go Cheap

4. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Good stuff, but be prepared.. It will firm up your ride ALOT. I've seen so many people bitch about how terrible their rides are after they install em'.. They aren't cadillac bushings. They will make your car handle tighter, they will make it vibrate more, every bump in the road will be harder and louder.. They increase road noise.. things that didn't rattle start rattling.. Its a racing product, get ready for racing results.

I Installed the inserts on my d16 when I had it, it increased vibration 10 fold. But wheel hop was greatly reduced. I currently have about half a kit installed on my crx.. I replaced everything that needed to be replaced. Including the rear trailing arm bushings (that was a bit of a bitch). Worth every cent. and more.

5. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I'm planning on doing a ES Master kit on my Z when I have the money. I don't have a press so I'm gonna have to pay a shop to press them in.

6. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted